VSUES focuses on providing a practical, hands-on approach to learning. The University has integrated some training environments for students to improve job placement skills and learn practical tips. There is a judicial court for students in Legal Studies, a tourism agency for students in Tourism, a bank office for those who study commerce, restaurants and hotels for students in Hospitality, and a center for business incubation offers top-of-the-line services and programs aimed at fostering new businesses.
VSUES CAMPUS: A City Within A City
VSUES has highly-developed infrastructure with some strong advantages:
- 5 educational buildings with access to digital training materials on the basis of information networks, Internet and modern multimedia equipment;
- 3 dormitories, which are not only the most comfortable but also the safest ones in Vladivostok and meet all students' needs;
- The sports complex «Champion» including a gym, a 25-meter swimming pool, an outdoor soccer field, a fitness center, jogging tracks, an athletics arena, sport halls for weightlifting, wrestling, boxing, table tennis and a shopping center;
- The VSUES library is one of the best in Russia in terms of technical support and databases. The VSUES «Underground» Theater building has no analogues in the whole region in terms of design, comfort, light and sound quality.
- A variety of on-campus services. It is very convenient for students, teachers and guests that all cafes, shops, a barbershop, a bank, the medical center «Lotus», a car-repair center and many other services are concentrated in one place;
- The VSUES campus is surrounded by a great variety of trees and plants forming a nature path. The pride of the University is the Japanese stone-garden – a magnificent architectural monument, presented to the citizens and guests of the city by the «Toyama - Vladivostok» Friendship Association;
- VSUES has a very convenient location in terms of city transport and infrastructure. It is just minutes to the city's main street – Svetlanskaya.
INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION and STUDENTS' DIVERSITY
VSUES cooperates with more than 80 universities, organizations and companies from 15 countries such as China, the Republic of Korea, Japan, the USA, New Zealand, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Vietnam, Thailand, Mongolia, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Great Britain and the Netherlands.
In the 2014-2015 academic year, more than 600 international students studied in VSUES. The international exchange of faculty, students and information to promote international competitiveness of the university is one of the projects that the university concentrates on to be internationally recognized. VSUES offers several joint degree Bachelor's programs in partnership with the universities in China, South Korea, New Zealand, the USA and Switzerland.
Studying overseas is a great way for students to immerse themselves in a completely different social, cultural and intellectual environment.
Various types of assistance are provided to help international students adjust to their new environment. VSUES hosts an orientation session designed to provide the information about Vladivostok and VSUES (including a campus tour), visa and registration card procedures, health care, purchasing of a cell phone card, internet, money exchange, etc.
Throughout the adaptation programs, international students have opportunities to experience and understand Russian traditions and culture by going on cultural trips and excursions. Students will benefit from various hands-on experiences: learning to play traditional musical instruments, participating in master-classes, international competitions and celebrations, or trying delicious cuisine.
VSUES offers its students a range of university activities to make their experience more meaningful. Students have opportunities to join different organizations to build friendships, create networks, master new skills, share information and just have fun. In VSUES, students may visit various concerts, performances, international festivals and other majors events such as PITE , Pacific Style Week , Festival of Hip-Hop Culture «Underground – Way to the Light», Festival of Dance «Folkdance»
VSUES is proud to have an active domestic and overseas volunteer program. VSUES Volunteers' Center is one of the pioneer volunteer unions in Vladivostok. More than once, its work has received recognition from the Committees for Youth Affairs at municipal and regional levels. VSUES was the only university in the Russian Far East to become an organization and performance center for volunteers in the run-up to the XXII Olympic Winter and XI Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi.