The School of Foreign Languages (SFL) was established in 2002 by the amalgamation of several existing language departments. The earliest of these departments, the Department of Foreign Languages, was founded in 1969 as a division of the Far Eastern State Technological Institute (now VSUES).
Today the School offers different language courses, including weekly classes, online courses, summer schools, undergraduate qualifications, and continuing professional development courses.
In 2019 the School of Foreign Languages is to launch a new undergraduate programme designed to train English teachers.
Both Russian and international students have a wonderful opportunity to learn from the best teaching staff. We are proud of our qualified and experienced faculty members who take advantage of both traditional and innovative teaching methods and materials.
The SFL students and adult learners benefit from modern facilities designed to meet their learning and social needs:
- The SFL language labs are equipped with state-of-the-art computer and multimedia equipment that helps involve students actively participate in language learning.
- The SFL Resource Centre provides a variety of helpful services. Here you’ll find a convenient location for networking and studying - it's a quiet place where you can concentrate on studies.
The School of Foreign Languages seeks to facilitate students' academic mobility by promoting joint exchange and research programs. VSUES maintains contacts with educational institutions in the USA, Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, Vietnam and other countries.
The SFL aims to create a learning-friendly environment for international learners to help them integrate smoothly into academic life at VSUES and to engage socially.
- Department of Cross-cultural Communication and Translation Studies
- Department of Chinese Language
- Department of Russian Language
- Preparatory Department for Foreign Citizens
- SFL Resource Centre
- Interpreters' Training Office
- Test Centre for Foreign Nationals