Student visas are supported by a host Russian university. These visas are valid for up to 3 months and may be easily extended.
Visa Extension and duration control:
Foreign students’ duration of stay in the Russian Federation is determined by the validity period of their visa. A foreign citizen is obliged to depart from the Russian Federation upon the expiry of the authorized term of stay. Extension of the ordinary visa is the responsibility of the Federal Migration Service or its territorial bodies.
To extend the visa validity period and the duration of stay the visitor should apply to Protocol, Visa and Registration Office in advance, before the expiry of the abovementioned validity term.
The procedure for extending single-entry visa for VSUES foreign students:
Extension of single entry-exit visa for the period up to 3 months shall be effected by procurement of multiple visa on a separate standard form.
Foreign students provide the following documents to Protocol, Visa and Registration Office:
- Passport with visa, migration card, registration.
- 2 copies of passport, visa, migration card and registration.
- 1 copy of every passport page with crossing stamps and visas previously issued.
- 1 copy of every passport page.
Pay the most attention to THE STAMP OF THE BORDER CROSSING. The date of the border crossing must be clearly visible.
- Copy of the educational services agreement with a school stamp and copy confirmation stamp.
- 1 picture (black-white, matte, 3x4). Name of foreign student should be signed with a pencil on the reverse side of the picture.
- state fee for a visa (1 600 RUB + 100 RUB banking commission, pay at the bank);
- VSUES fee for visa extension (700 RUB, pay at the VSUES desk);
- VSUES fee for extention of registration period (600 RUB, pay at the VSUES desk).
1) Obtaining the registration card, as well as the extension of multiple Russian visa requires reversal of blank, not filled pages in the identification document (passport), otherwise the Office of the Federal Migration Service of Russia has a ground for refusing a visa.
2) At the time the documents of foreign students are in Protocol, Visa and Registration Office or the migration service, they are not allowed to leave campus of VSUES. Food and other essential items should be bought in advance or in shops located in VSUES campus.
Protocol, Visa and Registration Office employee establishes deadlines for students to provide passports with visas, migration cards and registrations for the Department of the Federal Migration Service to obtain multiple-entry visas.
Protocol, Visa and Registration Office employee prepares the documents and carries out their supply to the Department of the Federal Migration Service for the extension of migration control.
A foreign citizen, who did not leave the territory of the Russian Federation upon the date of the visa expiry or did not apply for its extension, can be brought to administrative responsibility, deportation from the Russian Federation and the sequential 5-year exclusion.