Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service (VSUES) located in the center of Vladivostok, was found in 1967 as Far Eastern Technological Institute of (FETI). Later on in 1995 its name was changed to Far Eastern State Technological Institute (FESTI) and soon after, in 1996 the university raised its status and was renamed as Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service reflecting the more comprehensive education offered at the university.
Nowadays VSUES is turning itself into a leading business university in the Russian Far East by offering creative education, practice-oriented approach and cooperating with various interested parties. It offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the fields of economics and business, tourism, management, design, engineering and international studies.
- VSUES president Gennady Lazarev received the CEEMAN Champion Award in 2010.
- VSUES won quality award of the Russian Federation Government in 2009.
- VSUES was awarded Crystal Palm at La Sorbonne as one of the world’s best business schools in 2008.
- VSUES won All-Russia competition on education quality and became one of the winners of high school managers training international program in 2007.
- VSUES also became the best university-participant of Vladimir Potanin Charity Foundation Scholarship Program in the Far Eastern Federal District.
- There is “Vseved” Internet portal, putting the rating of Russian higher education institutions. According to “Vseved” portal, VSUES is the best University in Vladivostok since 2005. Moreover, VSUES is the only university which received four star appraisal that made him one of the best universities of Russia.