Commodity management in domestic and foreign trade
Commodity management in domestic and foreign trade provides education for future specialists who:
- implement commodity management approaches in the purchase and sale of goods,
- use innovative technologies of goods management in domestic and foreign trade,
- manage the quality and assortment of goods at all stages of their life cycle,
- carry out information and analytical work in the field of commodity distribution,
- perform commodity consulting,
- develop relationships with suppliers,
- conduct foreign trade transactions,
- manage the quality of trade and technological processes at the enterprise.
The competences developed will enable graduates to carry out their professional activities in different business areas: wholesale and retail trade enterprises; manufacturing enterprises; companies engaged in foreign economic activities; expert and licensing agencies.
In implementing the program Merchandising. Commodity Management in Internal and Foreign Trade takes into account the requirements of professional standards «Procurement Specialist», «Quality Specialist», requests of employers and business representatives.
Program core disciplines:
- Organization of purchasing activities;
- Merchandising in a trade enterprise;
- Product quality management;
- Product safety management;
- Sales management;
- Organization of foreign trade;
- Commodity management;
- Commodity nomenclature of foreign economic activity;
- Customs expertise;
- Conducting claims work;
- Formation of assortment policy;
- Merchandising and examination of food and non-food goods.
Peculiarities of implementing the educational program at VVSU:
- students receive only the knowledge and skills that will actually be needed in the workplace;
- highly-qualified teaching staff;
- Involvement of practitioners in the educational process;
- using of specialized laboratories «Identification and detection of falsification of food products»; «Sensory analysis of food products»; «Cosmetology of food products» when carrying out practical and laboratory work;
- blended online and offline learning, allowing you to go beyond the boundaries of a single university and learn from the best professionals in your field;
- organizing internships in leading trade and service industries in Primorsky Krai.
By acquiring a high level of professional knowledge and competencies in effective commodity management, program graduates have ample opportunities for employment and successful career development:
- to become a commodity manager at trade enterprises; category manager at enterprises engaged in foreign economic activity; commodity expert on quality and competitiveness assessment of goods and services; broker and declarant in the system of customs clearance of export-import operations; expert at metrology, standardization and certification centers;
- work as a commodity expert in enterprises engaged in foreign economic activity; specialist in international organizations on foreign and domestic trade; in sales, commercial and marketing departments of manufacturing and trading enterprises; in the Chamber of Commerce and Industry; in state and municipal authorities; in customs authorities and consumer protection authorities; in logistics centers;
- establish their own business in the field of domestic and foreign trade;
- to continue their education in Master's and then post-graduate courses;
- to receive additional education under the program «Electronic Declaration of Goods», which is implemented at VVSU.
- LLC «AirCargo»;
- LLC «Aquatoria DV»;
- LTD «AUCTION AUTO»;
- LLC «ElGroup-DV»;
- OJSC «Vladivostok Sea Fishing Port»;
- LLC «Import-Trade»;
- LLC «Azuma Trading».
Language of education: Russian
Duration of study: 4 years
State certification: yes