The Physical Rehabilitation profile is an educational program in adaptive physical education, educational anthropology, rehabilitation (recovery), compensation, etc.
The practical skills that graduates possess after graduation are:
- Restoring impaired or temporarily lost functions of the human body and abilities to social and professional activities of persons with disabilities using the means and methods of adaptive physical education;
- Ensuring the possibility of more complete elimination of disabilities caused by health disorders;
- Providing persons with disabilities with a range of rehabilitation measures after they have undergone physical activity;
- Development of the remaining functions of the human body after an illness or injury in order to partially or completely replace the lost functions;
- Learning new ways of carrying out the basic activities of the human being on the basis of the remaining functions;
- Carrying out a set of measures to prevent the progression of an underlying disease (defect) in the human body;
- Carrying out a set of measures to prevent the emergence and/or progression of diseases caused by the underlying cause limiting the person''s health;
- Implementation of psychotherapeutic measures to prevent and/or eliminate psychological complexes caused by a person''s disease or type of disability.
Relevance of education
The program aims to educate rehabilitation specialists skilled in the rehabilitation of people with various congenital and acquired disabilities.
Adaptive physical education specialists work in hospitals, polyclinics, rehabilitation centers, sports clubs and health resorts. Their professional tasks include designing and implementing optimal physical therapy and occupational therapy programs.
The uniqueness of this program lies in the fact that:
- in the course of study students receive intensive education in the field of dynamic anatomy and physiology of muscular activity, biomechanical basis of motor actions and psychology of disease, complex rehabilitation of patients and invalids, therapeutic physical training and massage;
- a substantial part of the lectures and practical exercises takes place directly at the rehabilitation centers and rehabilitation units of Vladivostok''s health-care institutions and medical organizations.