Software Engineering is a field of study in the development of software products for a variety of purposes and information systems lifecycle management.
Educational advantages. You will be able to:
- become a programmer, systems analyst, tester;
- set up your own business;
- continue your education in Master and Postgraduate programs.
You will study the following disciplines:
- Programming languages;
- Programming technology;
- Requirements engineering and analysis;
- Cloud computing technology;
- Quality assurance and testing;
- Information systems design;
- User interface development;
- ICT project feasibility studies.
Professionals in the field of Software Engineering:
- have extensive knowledge in the design and development of information systems and software;
- are able to implement distributed information systems based on Web services and Internet technologies;
- the qualifications obtained by the Bachelor of Software Engineering include analytical, programming, design, management and many other aspects, which allows you to be always in demand in the labor market.
The peculiarities of the educational process implementation at VVSU:
- focus on education personnel for solving IT service tasks — specialists working in information and technical departments of enterprises and specialists in the field of information systems creation;
- development and implementation of technical projects as part of students' diploma design by order of enterprises and organizations in Vladivostok and Primorsky region;
- organization of practical education at the leading enterprises and organizations of the city;
- practice-oriented model of education in order to gain experience of professional and entrepreneurial activity in the enterprises of the real sector of economy while they are still at university;
- application of modern information technologies in education. The teaching laboratories of the department are equipped with modern computer equipment with appropriate software, equipment for data collection and digital processing, multimedia and telecommunication systems, optical-digital image processing devices, workstations, etc;
- the following education centers have been established at the university: Oracle Educational Centre, Telecommunications Educational Centre, and «1C-Technology» Interuniversity Educational Centre;
- the using of modern forms of learning (case-studies, presentations, trainings, business games, test forms of control) ;
- availability of a conference room equipped with a special conference-communication and congress system of the latest generation that allows you to listen to lectures by professors of leading world universities and participate in discussions with students of foreign universities in online mode;
- using of e-learning technologies (face-to-face classes + students' independent work with e-learning courses and other educational resources placed in the electronic educational environment of VVSU).
Language of education: Russian
Duration of study: 4 years
State certification: yes