Transport systems engineering
Transport systems engineering is a promising field of study that will produce a graduate who is uniquely qualified to know how vehicles are built and operate, and who can simulate and manage transport systems.
What the graduate will be able to do:
- design new machinery, mechanisms and parts;
- model and manage transport systems;
- use information technology when designing and developing new equipment and transport;
- develop and implement efficient engineering solutions in practice;
- diagnose electronic systems;
- organize and carry out maintenance and repair work on equipment and vehicles;
- optimize the performance of technical and repair services of the enterprise;
- develop and implement programs of technical modernization of an enterprise.
- A new program tailored to the development of intelligent transport systems
- Studying of modern technologies of modelling, design and management of transport systems
- Educational courses updated annually
- Guest lectures, master classes, business cases
- Organizing field trips to production plants and transport infrastructure facilities
The relevance of education. Transport is all around us, every minute transport vehicles carry goods for us, transport ourselves, provide construction of residential and infrastructural facilities around us. All cutting-edge technologies and inventions are implemented primarily in the automotive and transport industries. And all this infrastructure needs not only to be designed, but also to be maintained, to carry out technical operation and adjustment, to provide warranty support, and to carry out an examination of the technical condition.
Today, large-scale projects are being implemented in the Russian Far East in a variety of fields, all of which are related to the development of transport infrastructure. Therefore, specialists in transport process engineering are in high demand, and employers are ready to take on young specialists with little work experience on good starting conditions.
Graduates who complete the program receive a unique combination of engineering and management skills, enabling them both to start their own business and to be successfully employed in a wide range of fields.
What kind of work will I do?
Graduates set up their own business in the service, technical operation and sales of vehicles and technological equipment. They work as transport and traffic engineers. They also become specialists in transport service and vehicle diagnostics. They work in organizations and companies in the automotive industry, vehicle repair services, dealerships and company centers. They are employed in information dispatch, marketing and transport forwarding services of large organizations and in companies, which operate, store, refuel, maintain, repair and service transport and technological systems.
The specific features of the educational process at VVSU:
- Highly qualified teaching staff (professors, doctors and candidates of sciences; practitioners) - true professionals in their field!
- Advanced practical laboratory facilities (laboratories of computer diagnostics and instrumental control, technical means of road traffic management, road traffic modelling, assessment of the technical condition of vehicles).
- Organization of practical education at the largest manufacturing and trading companies, carriers of Primorye.
- Additional education and professional development in the profile (programs "Instructor of a driving school", "Instructor of a driving school", "Ensuring traffic safety at the motor transport enterprises", "Release to the line of cars at the motor transport enterprise", "Organization of effective work of dispatching service" and others).
- Implementation of real projects in the course of education, which allow forming skills demanded in the labor market.
- Practice-oriented model of education, recognized by the leading universities of the world: to gain professional experience in the enterprises of the real sector of economy while still studying at university;
The use of e-learning technologies (face-to-face classes + students' independent work with e-learning courses and other educational resources placed in the electronic educational environment of VVSU).
Language of education: Russian
Duration of study: 4 years
State certification: yes