Nowadays Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education Vladivostok State University (further abbreviated VVSU) is turning itself into a leading business university in the Russian Far East by offering creative education with a practical, hands-on approach to learning. The programs at VVSU have a strong focus in the areas of economics and business, management, tourism, design, engineering and international studies.
VVSU was founded in 1967 as Far Eastern Technological Institute of (FETI). Later on in 1995, its name was changed to Far Eastern State Technological Institute (FESTI) and soon after, in 1996, the university raised its status and was renamed as Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service. In 2022, the university changed its name to Vladivostok State University.
To prepare highly qualified and competitive specialists for Asia Pacific Region in the field of economics, design, jurisprudence, service, information technologies, and tourism.
||Programs in post-graduate studies
In 2017, about 600 foreign citizens from 20 countries studied in the university. VVSU has agreements on bilateral cooperation with 65 educational institutions, organizations and funds from 16 countries, implementing 25 exchange and joint programs, and 5 programs of "double diplomas". VVSU is a member of the Association Russian and Chinese Universities, as well as the Association of Sino-Russian Economic Universities. In 2018 VVSU founded the Association of Design Universities of Asia-Pacific Region. According to the rating of the information agency "Interfax" NUR-2018 (National University Rating) VVSU is among the top 50 Russian universities in the area of internationalization.
VVSU in Ranking
- VVSU received a BB evaluation in «Good quality performance» in Academic Ranking of World Universities European Standard ARES-2019
- VVSU ranked 46th according UniRank
- VVSU website is among the 100 most cited websites of Russian universities in the Webometrix rating
- VVSU is one of the 100 best Russian universities according to the monitoring results of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and national ratings of universities if Information Agency «Interfax»
Memberships and Associations
- Central and East European Management Development Association (CEEMAN)
- Russian Association of Business Education (RABE)
- Talloires Network
- United Nations Principles for Responsible Management Education (UNPRME)
- Association of Russian and Chinese Universities (ARCU)
- Russian-Chinese Association of Economic Universities