Digital transport logistics
Digital transport logistics is a promising area of study in which the graduate will have systematic knowledge and practical skills in managing the transport of goods in a digitalized environment (industrial internet of things, big data processing and analysis technologies, modelling systems, etc.).
What the graduate will be able to do:
- Develop and implement digital logistics management systems in organizations.
- Manage supply chains and material flows based on specific software products.
- To design and optimize the activities of passenger and freight transport enterprises.
- Organize efficient transportation process.
- Develop and implement haulage optimization programs.
- Solve logistics problems based on modern digital logistics management technologies.
The benefits of education:
- A new program designed with the latest trends in mind
- Modern digital logistics study
- Annual refreshing of courses
- Guest lectures, master classes, business cases
- Organization of field trips to production plants and logistics infrastructure facilities
The relevance of education:
Recently, no one but a narrow number of people knew what logistics was. Now the industry is developing rapidly, no large company is without a logistics department, and there is therefore great potential for career advancement and development in the logistics industry as a whole. Whereas organizations used to have one or a few people in charge of logistics, there are now whole departments, structures, divisions and teams. The role of distributors is being increasingly reduced, and deliveries are being made directly from the manufacturer.
Today, large-scale projects are being implemented in the Russian Far East in a wide range of areas, and all of them involve dealing with logistics issues. Therefore, specialists in transport and production logistics are badly needed, and employers are willing to take on young specialists with little work experience on good starting conditions.
What kind of work will I do?
Our graduates are in demand by companies everywhere:
- transport and logistics companies
- manufacturing and retail companies
- retail chains
- design companies
Moreover, in all kinds of industries: oil and gas complex, transport, defense industry, mining and processing, trade, engineering, etc.
Why study at VVSU:
- Highly qualified teaching staff (professors, doctors and candidates of sciences; practitioners) — true professionals in their field!
- Advanced practical laboratory facilities (laboratories of computer diagnostics and instrumental control, technical means of road traffic management, road traffic modelling, assessment of the technical condition of vehicles).
- Organization of practical education at the largest manufacturing and trading companies, carriers of Primorye.
- Additional education and professional development in the profile (programs «Instructor of a driving school», «Instructor of a driving school», «Ensuring traffic safety at the motor transport enterprises», «Release to the line of cars at the motor transport enterprise», «Organization of effective work of dispatching service» and others).
- Implementation of real projects in the course of studying, which allow to form skills demanded in the labor market.
- Practice-oriented model of studying, recognized by the leading universities of the world: to gain professional experience in the enterprises of the real sector of economy while still studying at university;
- The use of e-learning technologies (face-to-face classes + students' independent work with e-learning courses and other educational resources placed in the electronic educational environment of VVSU).
Language of education: Russian
Duration of study: 4 years
State certification: yes