Course duration: July 27 – August 15, 2020
Application deadline: May 01, 2020
Program language: English, Russian (*It depends on a chosen elective course)
Program fee:53.000 RUB
* For students from the partner universities, total fee is 48.000 RUB
VL Summer School – 3 weeks, intensive program of academic study, specialized field trips, excursions and folk art master-classes is designed by two Universities in the different cities providing a truly life-changing experience to students from all over the world! It’s a great way to boost up your academic knowledge during the summer holiday and immerse yourself in the culture and social life of the Russian Far East.
Course information: Courses involve a combination of lectures, workshops and masterclasses, extracurricular and self-directed study and various practical field trips. The Program includes one required course for all participants and one of two elective courses that should be chosen.
Required course: Russian culture workshops with intensive cultural emersion and excursions in Vladivostok. You also have a chance of to participate in a range of exciting activities comprising exploration of the Southern Sikhote-Alin Mountain – taiga and tiger habitat.
- Intensive Russian language coursework (basic/ intermediate/ advanced).
*Level test will be included during orientation.
- Social-economic development of the Russian Far East in English. You will have great opportunities to better understand the history, current state and development prospects of this region, its regional socio-economic situation and unique local nature.
*International students whose first language is not English are required to have at least Intermediate level to participate in it.
Credits for the program: 2.5 ECTS
|Coursework breakdown||Contact hours||ECTS credits|
|Required course: cultural activities and workshops (excursion, folk art master-classes) and field trips||42||1.2|
|Elective course: lectures, workshops and extracurricular (team project)||48||1.3|
|Total (1 ECTS = 36 hrs.) ||90||2.5|
Certificate of Completion will be provided at the Farewell Ceremony only to students who successfully completed the program with passing grades.
Awards: Memorable gifts and participation certificates for all participants.
The program fees include registration fee, tuition, accommodation, airport transfer, health insurance, field trips and excursion program. Meals, flight tickets and personal expenses must be provided by a participant individually.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) are provided in the Program (3 days) in Ussuriisk only.
To apply for a program a student should submit via email:
- a scan of passport page with photo. * Passport should not expire earlier than 18 months since the visa entry date.
- an application form (available on the web site in appendix), typed in, signed and scanned.
How to submit by email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service
International and Cultural Affairs Department
Tel: +7 (423) 240-41-28 Email: email@example.com
Please refer to Preliminary schedule in the attached file below.